What is a Hospital Indemnity Plan?
A hospital indemnity plan is also known as a reimbursement plan because the plan reimburses the covered individual regardless of where or with whom the covered individual receives health care services. The indemnity plan provider pays a set portion of your total charges. Indemnity plans are also referred to as “fee-for-service” plans.
Most primary health insurance plans do not cover all hospital costs. If you’re hospitalized, you can be on the hook for the amounts not covered by your primary insurance – which can quickly add up. A hospital indemnity plan covers some of the costs associated with a hospital visit and may provide extra coverage that your health plan does not.
Benefits of a Hospital Indemnity Plan
A hospital indemnity plan from InsureOne offers:
- $500 toward accident medical expenses, including: employment of a nurse, professional ambulance service to a local hospital, treatment by a licensed physician/surgeon, and medical expenses incurred while in a hospital either in-patient or out-patient
- $50 per day up to 365 days in-hospital stay
- Free discount prescription plan
- Up to $5,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Travel discounts, rental car discounts, and more
How Does a Hospital Indemnity Plan from InsureOne Work?
Under an Indemnity plan from InsureOne, your coverage applies to hospital stays that result from an auto accident. If you are in a car accident where you were the driver or passenger and that accident results in a hospital stay, a medical indemnity plan will pay benefits that help cover your hospital visit, treatment for injuries, and surgeries arising from your accident. You don’t have to visit a hospital that is in-network because benefits will be paid to you no matter which hospital you visit in the U.S.
Get a Hospital Indemnity Plan
InsureOne offers hospital indemnity plans in Illinois and Indiana. Give us a call at 800-467-8733 to purchase a hospital indemnity plan.