OUR CORONAVIRUS RESPONSEUpdated as of June 11
We are starting to see substantial movement against COVID-19. Government regulations are easing and we continue to see positive steps in our nation towards re-opening. We are turning a corner and will start paving the way to our “new” normal.
We are taking every measure possible to make the best decisions with your safety in mind. The following are part of our protocols:
- Ensuring that 6’ social distancing plan is strictly enforced
- Requiring the use of face coverings at our retail locations
- Limiting the numbers of customers allowed in our retail offices
- Daily cleaning of workstations and common areas
- Requiring a daily self-assessment health checks from each of our team member
- Adding plexiglass dividers for your safety at desks in many stores
As a reminder, we can continue to be able to service you in-person or over the phone.
- A list of store hours and locations can be found HERE.
- For payments over the phone, you can call 800-836-2240 or any other phone number you may have for us.
Over the past couple of months, insurance carriers have seen less drivers on the roads and less reported accidents which gives discounts and savings to consumers. As an independent agency, we can shop multiple carrier sites to seek those discounts. Ultimately providing our customers with the best rate and coverage in their insurance. It really is a great time to save money on car insurance. Possibly one of the best times in recent history. Visit your local retail office or call 800-836-2240 to ask our agents how you can save money today.
We are looking forward to a great summer and we’re here for you no matter where the road takes us.
Updated as of April 6
Spring has arrived and Easter is coming, despite any challenges we face together. Potentially they remind us of the importance of hope, and that goodness and life always comes back after the winter. Many of us have spring and Easter traditions that we celebrate. This year we may alter them a bit, but they still will be very special. At the heart of it all is our ability to reflect, to hope, and our desire for friends and family to be healthy and safe throughout this time.
At InsureOne, our sincerest wish is that you are healthy and safe. With that in mind, we want to share some new information and tips related to your health. We have news on government health updates and advice and assistance to pass along.
- First, the health open enrollment period has been extended until June 30, 2020 in several states. As well, anyone who signs up now because of recently lost coverage will not be subject to a penalty. California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington are the states that have made the move to re-open enrollment.
- Second, we continue to see smart increases in Telemedicine use by our customers and employees. As the CDC indicates, your family’s health and safety starts with you. Avoid putting them at risk by visiting a doctor’s office if you are not sick. You can keep up with your annual check-ups and prescription re-fills without a trip to a doctor’s office by using Telemedicine. We are proud to offer an affordable Telemedicine solution or you can check your health coverage to see if it is included.
If you want more information on Telemedicine or need assistance with your auto insurance, we are here for you. As a business deemed essential by the government, we remain open and available to you either by phone or in person.
Finally, we wanted to share a bit of safe family fun that you can enjoy during your Easter holiday. We are pleased to share these fun online resources for children from our friends at the Disney Institute:
Disney Imagineering in a Box – Imagineering in a Box is a free, online educational curriculum available through Khan Academy.
Draw Mickey Mouse at Home with a Disney Parks Artist – A complete series of how-to tutorials on drawing Mickey Mouse through the years for the budding artist in your life.
We aspire to be the most trusted source for all your insurance needs, so you can have peace of mind. Have a wonderful holiday.
Stay safe and positive!
Updated as of March 31
Our sincerest hope is that this message finds you well. As your auto insurance provider of choice, we want to continue to find ways to help you during these turbulent times.
First, we know that being available to you is valuable. Because we are an essential business as described by the federal government, our offices remain open and available to you either by phone or in person. Your health and well-being continue to be our priority. We have implemented social distancing measures at our offices, and can continue to safely operate them for you.
As your insurance expert, we will also share insurance and related news that may be helpful to you. Over these busy weeks, the government continues to make policy and benefits changes in response to COVID-19. We will work to keep you informed and help you navigate these topics so that you remain covered and aware during these times.
Changes and important insurance information this week:
- With delivery services important to our communities and increasing, many people have taken new part- or full-time delivery jobs with companies like GrubHub, Door Dash, Amazon, or others. Please note that standard auto insurance policies do not typically cover this activity. You must inform your insurance carrier and make some adjustments to coverage options. If you don’t inform your carrier, you may risk voiding your insurance. Contact your agent today to ensure you stay covered.
- This year we began offering Income Tax Filing Services in our offices. As important news, the filing deadline for tax returns has been extended back from April 15 to July 15, 2020. The Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service are also providing special tax filing and payment relief to individuals in response to COVID-19.
Finally, we wanted to share a bit of family fun. Kids have lots of energy, so a fun or educational activity is often a good choice. We are pleased to share these online resources and fun activities for children from our friends at the Disney Institute.
- Disney Animals on DisneyNow – An educational and informative look at some of the majestic animals in our care at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- DisneyAnimals.com for anyone who would like to do a deeper dive than just the videos.
We are here to help you through these challenging times. Feel free to call us for any additional questions. Stay safe and positive!
Updated as of March 23
Our agents want to help you face the challenges ahead. Insurance is part of our daily lives. Our job is to make that experience seamless and affordable. Did you know, we are considered an essential business by most state governments. We are working hard to remain OPEN in our stores to serve you by implementing social distancing!
Our agents are still available both by phone and in person at retail locations near you.
As a reminder, we can serve you over the phone to help you make payments, purchase or renew insurance and/or make any policy adjustments. We accept credit cards and debit cards over the phone.
If you choose to visit our retail office, we are following CDC recommendations and our agents are practicing social distancing.
- If you need to make a payment – You can utilize our mail slots instead of coming inside the store. We want to continue to help you keep your policies current and stay safe. Find a store near you.
- If you need to purchase or renew your insurance and/or make policy adjustments. Our agents are clearly marking where you sit so that you can maintain a 6’ distance between each other. They will continue to disinfect areas, wear latex gloves and utilize a clip board so you can maintain your distance.
Over the past couple of weeks, the CDC has actively been asking the public to use telemedicine services. We have offered this for several years and are proud to have been a pioneer in this area. We offer several Telemedicine Plans that give you access to a doctor 24/7. Our affordable plans provide you with unlimited uses and calls per six- or twelve-month period. We have plans as low as 30 cents a day. Call us to learn more 800-836-2240.
At InsureOne, we have always aspired to be the most trusted source of insurance solutions, so YOU can have peace of mind. We will face the days ahead together, and are proud to be your insurance partner.
Updated as of March 16
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
At InsureOne, our customers and employees are our family, and your health and safety come first in our minds. We have been closely monitoring the events of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); we want to share some actions we are taking during this time of concern.
- We will continue to remain open and available to serve you. Please remember that you can work with us by phone and Internet if you prefer – pay bills, purchase, or renew insurance, as well as any policy adjustments or service needs. You can call 800-836-2240 or any other phone number you may have for us. Our teams are happy to help you.
- We are communicating regularly with our employees on best safety practices from the CDC and other agencies. Among actions included:
- Our employees will not travel for non-essential business reasons
- CDC recommended cleaning practices have been implemented, including more frequent cleaning of shared surfaces, door handles, customer sign-in areas and equipment, increased availability of hand sanitizer, and of course frequent hand-washing
- Employees who experience any signs of illness are staying home
- We at InsureOne are known to greet our customers with a smile and handshake, and we pride ourselves on that tradition. During this time and as recommended, we’re replacing our traditional smile and a handshake greeting with a smile and a wave.
Steps you can take:
- Stay up to date. For more information on InsureOne’s response to COVID-19, as well as helpful tips and resource links, visit our website or visit the CDC website directly.
- Over the last week, the CDC has recommended using alternative options such as Telemedicine to seek treatment. We continue to be proud to offer Telemedicine as an affordable product at our retail offices and over the phone. Ask an agent or visit our website.
- Visit our website for any changes to hours of operation to our retail offices. As of today, all retail offices are open and operating under normal operating hours
- You can visit our website for more information on purchasing insurance, making payments and any service related items.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q/ Where can I find up-to-date information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak?
A/ Up-to-date information is available online from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO). Please visit their sites for the latest information.
Q/ Which countries are currently classified as high-risk and impacted areas?
A/ According to the CDC, high-risk countries that have a Level 3 travel health notice with widespread, ongoing transmission are: China, South Korea, Italy, and Iran. Other impacted areas include: Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, and Thailand.
Q/ What symptoms are associated with the Coronavirus?
A/ The Coronavirus usually causes mild to moderate respiratory tract illness, and those affected exhibit cold-like symptoms. However, in some cases, the virus can also cause severe respiratory infections and lead to pneumonia. Deaths caused by the virus so far have occurred mainly in people who had previously suffered from severe underlying diseases.
Q/ How can I protect myself from infection?
A/ Internationally recognized medical institutes suggest good hand hygiene, coughing and sneezing etiquette, and maintaining distance from those who are sick.