Protect your house and your possessions with homeowners insurance through the InsureOne Home Insurance Program(s). For homeowners, insurance protection is an important aspect of homeownership. Buying homeowners insurance, or home insurance, means buying protection for your home, both inside and out, which provides you with greater peace of mind.
What is homeowners insurance?
Homeowners insurance compensates you for losses to your home and your possessions inside it, so purchasing a homeowners insurance policy provides added security for your investment. Like renters insurance, homeowners insurance also protects you if you’re legally liable for someone’s injuries on your property, as well as from financial losses caused by storms, fire, theft and other events outlined in your policy.
Different companies offer different homeowners insurance coverages, so choosing the right policy means finding the right mix of coverages to meet your needs.
Generally, a standard homeowners insurance policy protects the following:
- The physical structure of your home (includes damage to fixtures, such as plumbing, electrical wiring, heating and permanently installed air-conditioning systems).
- Structures on your property (storage sheds, pools, boathouses, fences, freestanding garages, guest quarters, etc., not attached to your house).
- Your personal property and belongings inside your home including electronics, furniture, appliances and clothing, damaged or lost even when not physically on your property, such as a public storage space or with a family member attending school away from home, up to specified limits.
- Your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or your family members cause to other people
- Injuries to your household pets while inside your home
- Additional living expenses if a fire or other insured disaster leaves you temporarily unable to live in your home.
For an additional fee, you can select optional homeowner’s insurance coverage, including:
- Higher limits of liability for property damage or bodily injury
- Replacement cost for personal property
- Protection for valuables (jewelry, watches, fur, etc.)
- Additional coverage for electronics or computer equipment
To make shopping for the right homeowner’s policy easier, take an inventory of what you own to decide the level of coverage you need. Whether you’re looking for cheap homeowners insurance or want the highest levels of coverage through the best homeowners insurance, it pays to shop around.
What about townhouses?
If you own a townhouse, you can insure it with a homeowners insurance policy or an association master policy, depending on your situation. Townhouse insurance covers the unit and any outdoor areas that the owner has the title to. This includes the exterior, interior, and any patio or balcony areas. Check with your association to determine which type of policy you should purchase for your townhouse.
InsureOne offers competitive rates for home owner property insurance policies. Our home insurance programs provide a safety net for you and your family when certain unfortunate events happen like theft, fire or floods. Our licensed, local insurance experts have decades of experience and can help you select the right coverage to protect your home and personal property.
How do I get insurance? Becoming insured by one of the experts at InsureOne is easy! Contact us for a homeowners insurance quote at our local offices, online at weww.insureone.com or over the phone at 800-538-3213.